Sunday, March 24, 2013

That Spam I Am

Over the past few months, three people I know have had their email hacked. Now since I was in all their address books, my Spam for my personal email has increased exponentially. One of the things I love about Gmail is that it is great about putting questionable things in the Spam folder. It keeps my In folder all nice and clean, which I love. I check out my Spam a couple of times a week; just cruise to see if there is anything in there that I actually need to see. There very rarely is. Of course, I don't click on or open anything. However, I can see who it's from and the first part of each email.

Most of them are boring, but others are pretty funny. There are also common, related themes I just know you will appreciate.
  • Hi, hot man! Are you lonely? (My email address actually has "Susan" in it)
  • Enlargement or enhancement of a body part I do not possess, since I am not a man, hot or not
  • Huge sums of British pounds just waiting for me to claim them
  • Plea for me to wire money to someone traveling abroad with a lost wallet and lost passport
  • Class action lawsuits for pharmaceuticals gone horribly wrong
  • Cheap pharmaceuticals from Canada
  • Great deal on a credit card
  • Legal help in filing bankruptcy
Susan

"Green Eggs and Ham" written by Dr. Seuss aka Theodore Geisel



No comments:

Post a Comment