Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bananas

This morning, I was pretty excited when I woke, because I had planned yesterday to make banana nut pancakes this morning. Usually, I like to have my coffee first thing, and then wait a while to have breakfast. I'm usually not hungry first thing in the morning. But when I know banana nut pancakes are on the horizon? I'm hungry. It's like the times I've been on vacation, staying at a really nice hotel where they make yummy breakfasts, I wake up starving. Starving.

My sweet roommate's sister sent us a cool basket of goodies, and there were lots of bananas in it.
I like bananas. I eat maybe one or two bananas a week. Is this too much information for you? There were a lot of bananas in the basket. I took some to work where they were quickly scarfed up. The last two were getting overly ripe, but those kind are perfect for baking, because they are all mushy and super sweet. So yesterday I put them in the fridge, and this morning I made pancakes out of them. Super delicious.

You know how some people say, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonnade"? I crack myself up sometimes, because I like to say, "When life gives you bananas, make banana bread." Or in this case, pancakes.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment