Monday, March 11, 2013

Sprinkler Head Replacements

Today I received an email from the property manager at our complex. The subject line read, Sprinkler Head Replacements. My first thought was that it's the name of a band, and I thought, really? As I read the email, I found that the sprinkler heads in all the apartments will be tested and replaced if necessary. I was probably thinking of the actual band The Replacements, or maybe that other band Talking Heads.

The email went on to detail the dates blah blah blah and buildings blah blah blah and how you will not need to be home blah blah blah and this is mandated by law blah blah blah and thank you for your patience as we keep you safe blah blah blah.

It was a particularly boring message, after such an intriguing subject line. What would be much better is if an up-and-coming local band Sprinkler Head Replacements would play a concert on the lawn in the courtyard some evening, now that the days are longer. We residents could bring our blankets and snacks and it's likely some of us would even get up and dance. That's how much fun it would be.

Now that sounds wonderful; doesn't it? It also sounds like I definitely need to get out more.

Susan












No comments:

Post a Comment