Monday, June 21, 2010

You Have the Right to Remain Silent

"Oh the comfort, the inexplicable comfort, of feeling safe with a person, having to neither weigh thoughts nor measure words, but pouring them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, certain that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and with kindness blow the rest away." Dinah Craik

They are known as the "Miranda rights." If you are arrested, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say could be used against you. I have had a few interactions in my lifetime with people where it would have been wise for me to remain silent. There I was, just innocently talking, and later on in anger, the person would take my own words and slap me in the face with them. Often out of context. Ouch.

Do you have someone you can talk to, where you feel completely safe? If you have one other person in the world like that, you are truly blessed. To be able to let your guard down, knowing they would never use your own words to hurt you in any way, knowing that whatever you say is safe with them.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment