Monday, June 21, 2010

Rain or Shine

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The famous Serenity Prayer speaks of the wisdom to know the difference between the things we can change and the things we can't. Rain is one of those things we can't change. We can't stop the rain.

Into each life some rain will fall. Dreary, gray, depressing times when we feel sad and blue. (Anyone suffering from depression should see a doctor, but that is not what I am talking about here.) Rather than fight it, why not just let it rain?

I used to fight my sad and bad emotions, the rain in my life. That took a lot of energy, and it was a losing battle. I have learned that if I feel blue or sad, to just go with that feeling, allow it to happen, and it soon passes. The rain stops and the sun comes out again. Sometimes there is even a rainbow.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment