Saturday, June 5, 2010

Behind the Scenes

I became an instant grandmother when my son married a lovely woman with two daughters. Other women have to wait around for grandkids, drop not-so-subtle hints, some even resort to nagging, for grandchildren. My two beautiful granddaughters came as a wonderful package deal with their mom. I felt as if my fairy grandmother had waved her magic wand. Poof! I was a grandma!

There was a difficult period of time during my mid-40's when I had to fight to keep my head above water, emotionally speaking. But something wonderful was happening behind the scenes. My two future granddaughters were both born during those two years. I thought they were the worst couple of years of my life, but what I didn't know was that two of my greatest blessings came into the world during that time. I didn't know their mom, didn't know them, had no idea the three of them even existed. They were just waiting to enter my life and bring with them joy and light.

It was all happening behind the scenes. Life can be so tough sometimes. How encouraging it can be to think that something wonderful is happening somewhere else, and sooner or later that goodness will catch up with you. It makes you want to hang in there.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment