Friday, June 25, 2010

Charging Ahead

prevail : to be greater in strength or influence; triumph
(From the Free Online Dictionary)

My best friend and I go way back. I was 18 and she was 19 when we first met. We still sometimes act like teenagers and refer to each other as "BFF." She has seen me at my best, at my worst and everywhere in between. She is honest with me; she tells me what I need to hear about myself, even when it's not pleasant. Early in the friendship I might have bitten my tongue or minced words, but after 33 years, I now just tell it like it is.

Recently I passed a personal milestone. On that day, I received a short email from her. She wrote, "Why does my BFF prevail? Because she learns from the actions of others, evaluates, regroups and charges ahead smarter than those who didn't have the experience."

Isn't that a great word: prevail? And didn't she very neatly summarize how anyone can do it?

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment