Thursday, June 17, 2010

No Problem

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." Winston Churchill

I am a problem solver. Start telling me about your difficulty and I begin to mentally roll up my sleeves to help you fix it. Maybe it's how I'm wired, but I know I can be very frustrating for other people who simply want to talk to me, to vent, and are not asking for my help. I have inappropriately overstepped boundaries in my zeal to fix things. I have judgmentally labeled people as whiners. I am not proud of this.

But my heart is in the right place, because I truly believe that there is opportunity in every problem. An opportunity to think outside the box and find an innovative solution. A chance to find your higher self as you are challenged like you never have been before. An opportunity for me to become a more empathetic listener. Yes. Even that.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment