Sunday, April 28, 2013

Elevator

My sweet roommate and I live on the third (and highest) floor of our apartment building. That means we have a loft, which is my bedroom. It is wonderful up here, as I sit and type this. It makes our smallish apartment seem much more spacious, because we have very high ceilings and the loft. On our third floor, at one end of our hall are the stairs, which I almost always take, mostly because I like to get extra exercise. I am one of those people who park at the perimeter in shopping centers, and I don't look for the closest parking space to the entrance. Any extra steps gives me some extra exercise, and time outdoors. Is this too much information for you?

When I take the magnificent Australian Shepherd Farm Boy out, we always take the elevator, because he doesn't do stairs. I was reading something about one of my favorite actors, Kevin Spacey. He has a foundation which gives grants and scholarships for those interested in the performing arts; for those coming up behind him. He said in an interview that he does this because he was mentored by Jack Lemmon. "Jack had a philosophy, if you have done well, then you're obligated to send the elevator back down for others," Spacey said.

I like the idea of sending the elevator back down; don't you?

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment