Sunday, April 21, 2013

Bright Light

The Lite-Brite (registered trademark of Hasbro) is one of the best toys ever. It was introduced in 1967, and today kids (and adults, if your name happens to be Susan) can get a phone app or even play it online. How great is that? I had not thought about the Lite-Brite in a long time, until today.

I found the most amazing skirt! I won't bore you with the details of what a great deal it was. (Okay. It was $11.60.) I knew it was magical, but couldn't quite put my finger on it. I knew it was practical because it has flowers on it in yellow, orange, pink, purple, green and blue. So I can wear this awesome skirt with a variety of tops that are already in my closet.



This afternoon, as I was bringing it in from the veranda where it had been drying, it occurred to me that this skirt is just like a Lite-Brite work of art! Black background with all these wonderful bright colors. It's my Lite-Brite skirt, and I plan to wear it to work tomorrow. It should be a magical day, right? How can tomorrow not be all happy and shiny like a bright light when I wear a skirt that's like a Lite-Brite?

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment