Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day

It is May first, so Happy May Day to you. I would like to put a wreath of flowers in my hair and dance around a may pole today, holding colorful ribbons. However,  I choose to instead go to my job. I have a fun ponytail on top of my head, and I am wearing my most colorful earrings.

I share with you this beautiful work, Primavera, by Sandro Botticelli. This is Flora, the Roman Goddess of Flowers, and she is thought to be how the whole May Day thing got started. Doesn't she just make you smile?

Susan

2 comments:

  1. Don't you think she looks ruthless? I wouldn't go up against her on the Planning Committee, no sirree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Planning Committee. Hahahah

    Have you seen the recent cover of "People" magazine? Flora is a pensive Gwyneth Paltrow.

    ReplyDelete