Sunday, April 14, 2013

Drive

I can drive a stick shift
    I can drive in snow
         I can drive in rain when the wind starts to blow

I can drive with kids crying
    And talking over each other
          I can drive the car pool like any mother

I can drive when I'm scared
     And now I'm not lying
          I can drive down the freeway till it feels like flying

I can drive downtown
      And I can read a map
          You can relax or perhaps take a nap

I can parallel park
      In tight, tiny spaces
           Don't worry about putting me through my paces

I can drive a motorhome
     Or a car that you rent
           In a strange city, without even a dent

That's not the point
     That I know how to arrive
           But please, may I ask you?
                Would you please drive?

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment