Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Welcome

 
 
This is the wreath that hangs on the door of my home. My dear friend/roommate made it for us, starting with a kind of scraggly wreath with red berries that I had bought. She added everything else, and it's not your usual autumn wreath. It makes me smile just to look at it. And not only is it pretty and cheerful, but it also smells delicious because the pine cones are cinnamon pine cones.
 
This Thanksgiving, I hope that you feel as lucky as I do. I hope you have many blessings to count, so many that you use up all your fingers and toes and then what are you going to do? I am thankful for you, my readers, because you have helped me more than you might suspect.
 
For most of you, I don't open my front door and have you in. But you have caused me to open my heart in a way that I didn't even know I was capable of, and I am not exaggerating when I say it has changed my life.
 
My wish for you this Thanksgiving, is that you will be blessed in the way you have blessed me. That you will enjoy good food and good company, and a contentment that lasts long after the day is over.
 
Susan
 
 
 
 
 


2 comments: