Friday, November 23, 2012

Don't Let the Days Go By

My two wonderful granddaughters were at my home this past week for a two-night sleepover. We always have lots of fun when we're together. The younger one, who is eight, is the queen of the one liners. They love Pink, my pink VW New Beetle. We were in a parking lot and walked past a vintage 1960's Beetle, which had not been well maintained at all. She said, "There's Pink's grandpa." She can be very chatty, but has a way of boiling things down to the fewest words possible to say the most profound things.

We were zipping up the freeway, and laughing like crazy. That is one of the things I love about them, how easily they laugh. I love to be silly, and they think I am hilarious, which only encourages me, and well I think you get the picture. "Come As You Are," came on the radio and I said, "I love this song!" and turned it up really loud. My older granddaughter, who is ten, giggled and said, "You say that about every song." I told them about Nirvana and Kurt Cobain, and she said last year there was a girl in her class named Nirvana and she was lazy. I said that since Nirvana was the highest level of enlightenment, her classmate could afford to be lazy since she had achieved it. Am I not hilarious?

The next song was "Glycerine" by Bush, and guess what I said? "I love this song!" and I told them the line "Don't let the days go by" was coming up and we all sang it together. Happy and carefree and riding along singing, "Don't let the days go by!" And so here it is for you. Do you love this song? I love this song!

Susan

"Glycerine" written by Gavin Rossdale

No comments:

Post a Comment