Thursday, November 8, 2012

Lead Me To Your Door

In times of stress, I have this recurring nightmare. I am walking somewhere, or driving somewhere. The setting is my present hometown, or somewhere I have lived before, or a place I have visited. I am walking along, getting around just fine. Or I am driving, skillfully navigating the roads. Then, all of a sudden and with absolutely no warning, I am in a different place. This place is a familiar one, too, but I have to quickly switch gears and find my way around this new place. Then it happens again. It is like as soon as I am in a comfort zone of finding my way around, I am instantly transported to a different place and I have to quickly get my bearings. And I am always trying to get home. I never make it.

Life is a journey. We are cautioned to value the journey more than the destination. But what, if just like in my dream, the journey is the destination?

Does it ever seem that way to you? Like you are always on the road, always trying to find your way home?

Susan

"The Long and Winding Road" written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney



2 comments:

  1. Maybe that points to the truth in the old hippie saying: "No matter where you go, there you are." Home isn't a place, it's a feeling in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. It is a feeling in your heart.

    ReplyDelete