Friday, March 18, 2011

Harvest Time

"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant." Robert Louis Stevenson

I love my birthday! It is July 20, by the way. I am proud of my age. I'm 52 and in a few months, I will be 53. How about that? I have known some people that never did make it to be my age, and I feel very lucky. One of the many wonderful things about getting older is that you finally get to see some results. My two adult sons are great examples of this. I catch a glimpse of some things that are coming about in their lives, and I think back to the days when I planted some of those seeds. I feel blessed to have had that role in their lives.

We all need to have some things going on in our lives that give immediate, measurable results. If we don't have that, things get pretty discouraging and grim. Instant gratification is important in keeping up our spirits, but some of the really important things in life just take time.

I am 52 but I certainly haven't arrived. There is still a lot I want to accomplish and experience. I can get impatient and want to see it all happen right now, but I'm a big girl now and know that as long as I am making progress each day, that is enough. Nature teaches us. You will, eventually, reap what you sow.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment