Thursday, May 30, 2013

No Harm



Beatles' lyrics are simple, aren't they? This is Roxy Blue and the Handful's rendition of the John Lennon and Paul McCartney song, "Oh, Darling." What could be simpler than "I'll never do you no harm"? Roxy is my friend. It started out that her mom was my friend, then Roxy became my friend. I love being the age I am, because it means my friends' kids can be my friends, and my kids' friends can be my friends. It is also very possible that I am Roxy's oldest fan, but not for long because she is going to become famous very soon, I believe.

Roxy just celebrated her first wedding anniversary, with a wonderful woman. I'm glad I live in a world that is becoming more accepting of all the different ways people love. It's happening way too slowly in my opinion, but at least it's happening.

Whoever you love, and whoever loves you, surely there will be times when there is hurt. But it's one thing to hurt unintentionally, and it's another thing to do the person you love harm. So with all the kinds of love in the world, all the different varieties of how people pair up, that's the thing to remember. We need to make a vow, "I'll never do you no harm." Or if you're like Susan and grammar is your thing, you could say, "I'll never do you harm." Yeah. I know. Lennon and McCartney's way does sound better.

Susan

2 comments:

  1. The double negative has an ancient lineage in English (Shakespeare was fond of it) and in other languages such as Spanish it is still used proudly. If you want to use it, it don't make me no never mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is funny : ) Negativos. Now that you mention it, I remember those from my Spanish classes a couple of years ago.

      Delete