Friday, May 3, 2013

Be Sure To Wear Some Cilantro In Your Hair

Today I wore a lime green shirt and green pony tail holders in my pigtails to work. I was sitting in the break room enjoying a plate of refried beans, rice and salsa, with some wonderful cilantro sprinkled on top. Our company was very generous in providing us with lunch today; Mexican food and I totally loved it.

A coworker walked in and here's how it all went down.

Her:     Susan! I love your pigtails.
Me:      Thank you!
Her:      What is the green?
Me:       Cilantro.

She laughed and said she meant the things in my hair, and we had a short discussion about the very high quality pony tail holders my roommate shared with me. But I truly did think she was asking what was the green on my plate.

Cilantro is seriously gorgeous, in addition to being very delicious. Did you know that cilantro is the Spanish word for coriander? And that the green leaves of the coriander plant is what we know as cilantro, and the dried brown seeds are what we think of as coriander, used a lot in Indian foods. It is ridiculously good for you, too, the cilantro leaves and the coriander.

My roommate makes some really great homemade mashed potatoes with cilantro and cumin, and they are amazing.

So I could totally wear some cilantro in my hair, and have it look lovely. And it would smell good. I could make it into a wreath, and channel the Roman goddess Flora. And if I got hungry, well. There you have it.

Susan



No comments:

Post a Comment