Thursday, December 13, 2012

Play

It's that time of year when kids write their letters to Santa, and wish for those special toys to be under the tree Christmas morning. Play is a crucial part of a child's development. Sadly, as adults we sometimes forget to play. Maybe we would all be happier, less grumpier and have less stress-related illnesses if we remembered to play.

I have written about Pink, my pink VW New Beetle here. While out Christmas shopping, I ran across Pink's little sisters. They are cars for Barbie dolls, and what fun for a child to get one of those for Christmas. How absolutely, fantastically delightful that I have a real one and get to drive it every day.

Play is important, and fantasy is fun, for adults and kids alike. Childhood is a magical time, and what fun at Christmas to be a child. But being a grown-up can be pretty amazing, too, and sometimes reality is way better than fantasy. My wish for you, my readers, at this most wonderful time of the year, is that you begin to see some of your dreams come true.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment