Friday, December 14, 2012

It's Christmas Time in the City


What is your favorite Christmas song? Mine is "Silver Bells" by Ray Evans and Jay Livingston. It has been my best song ever since I was a little girl. I grew up in a small town (current population 17,000 souls) in Pennsylvania, and I had not seen much outside that place. So I was quite sure the city the song referred to was the downtown area of my little town.

Now as I got older, I visited some real cities. Pittsburgh. New York. Sydney. Mexico City. Chicago. Los Angeles. I was telling this story to someone just the other day, and I laughed at my little girl naivete. So imagine my surprise when I got an email from an old friend who still lives there. She said tonight she was stopped at a red light on Main Street and thought I might like a picture, so she snapped this for me. Such a coincidence. Or not, if you don't believe that anything is a coincidence or accident.

I hope you are enjoying the season. I hope wherever you live, your city is "dressed in holiday style."

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment