Sunday, December 23, 2012

My Hair is Being Pulled By the Stars

"I'm restless. Things are calling me away. My hair is being pulled by the stars again." Anais Nin

There is a history in my family of bipolar disorder (manic depression) and I am very thankful not to have it. I am a fairly calm and even-tempered person. I do pretty well going with the flow. When my younger son was a teenager, he called it being "chill."

I do have these times when I get bored and restless. I don't act out, but those who know me best know I'm a little out of sorts. It used to bother me because it seemed so random, so out of the blue. I wanted to fix it or figure it out. Or maybe figure it out so I could fix it.

Then I realized that when I felt this way, it was because something was brewing. There was a shift, a change, about to take place. And it's always something good, something I like. So now when I feel bored and restless, I still feel that way but there is also an excitement knowing that something, somewhere is about to happen for me.

Right now I don't feel that way. I feel calm and peaceful and chill. But I totally understand what my favorite writer Anais Nin meant about her hair.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment