Thursday, December 13, 2012

Eighteen

Eighteen more days left in the year. Eighteen more posts and I will hit 500. How about that? That was nothing that was planned, but since finals will be over on Friday and I will be out of school for a month, doing eighteen more posts by the end of the year shouldn't be a problem.

Hero In Your Soul wasn't anything that was planned either. I started it to help two friends with a project, to promote it for them. They didn't go through with their project, but here I am more than two years later still blogging away. It has become increasingly personal as time goes on, and sometimes I am vaguely embarrassed at how self-absorbed I might seem. But not embarrassed enough to stop.

By writing this blog, I show you who I am. I don't know if you need to see who I am, but I know with absolute certainty that I need to show you. I have come a long way since I lived the life which I wrote about in Naked. I used to worry that I was no longer capable of intimacy, when the trust and respect in my marriage had broken down so badly. I don't worry about that anymore. Not only am I capable of it, I long for it. Here, and in my everyday life.

My adult kids and our mutual friends have access to my blog, and lately I've begun to regret that it isn't anonymous. Because there are topics I'd like to explore that I wouldn't be comfortable sharing with them. Perhaps at one point I will start something more private, but for today this is good.

Thank you for reading. There are some people that I know for sure have followed me from the very start, and it blows me away to think that 482 posts later, you are still interested. I had an email from a reader who said she felt inspired to volunteer at her polling place on the next election day after she read my post about my experience. So I inspired her, which is wonderful.

But you inspire me. I love knowing that there are other people in the world who believe, as Ayn Rand so brilliantly put it, "the world you desire can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it is yours."

One down. Seventeen to go.

Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment