Friday, December 16, 2011

O Christmas Tree!

"Expectancy is the atmosphere for miracles." Edwin Louis Cole

We have a small, magnificent Christmas tree in our living room. Last year after the holidays, my dear friend/roommate found it. Someone had thrown the live potted tree out, but didn't even bother to take it to the dumpster. She rescued it, and gave it lots of TLC out on our deck for a year. It grew and flourished and has beautiful soft, green branches. This year we brought it inside and decorated it. It's kind of a charming Charlie Brown tree, with lots of character. It is magnificent, all dressed in tinsel and lights and ornaments and beads. My younger son saw it last night for the first time, and he actually gasped. After the holidays, we'll gently take all the trimmings off and put it back outside. Another year of growing and flourishing.

When she rescued it last year, she was told it would not make it. She didn't take no for an answer, and she expected it would do great and it did. The tree reminds me that this is the season of miracles. I wonder how many miracles we miss out on because we never expect them to happen.

Susan

2 comments:

  1. O m G! I feel famous now! Two kind compliments aimed in this direction! The right side of this page looks PERFECT now by the way...all your blog names instead of snippets of sentences! THank you SO much for the reminder that " I expected it would do great and it did!" I truely had no doubts! And this is what I am living now. "Expectancy is the atmosphere for miracles"

    Let me know if you want these comments in a regular email...I'm sure you don't want them all on your blog...it's just easier for ME this way but alas I am Flexible! I love how you described our "Miracle tree to a tea!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comments are awesome! I do want them right here. Keep doing it the way you've been doing it, please = ) You don't take no for an answer, one of the many great things about that Ashley Girl.

    ReplyDelete