Saturday, December 17, 2011

Looking on the Bright Side



Several years ago, I began to look for the good, positive and beautiful things in life and in people. There is a lot of wonderful stuff out there, and I notice it! At first that new way of thinking felt very awkward, but soon it became a habit that has served me really well. I am a much happier person than I used to be. I would never want to go back.

One of the things I've learned about myself this year is this. Sometimes I am so intent on finding the bright side, that I miss important realities. It's all about looking for the good, not pretending it's there by minimizing and rationalizing. Sometimes things are just icky and there's no two ways about it.

So it's time for me to find a balance in this area. I'll keep you posted as to how I do.

Susan

Lyrics to "Mr. Brightside" by Dave Keuning

No comments:

Post a Comment