Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Preparation

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear." Buddhist proverb

Opportunities present themselves once we are prepared for them. If there is an opportunity you have been waiting for and you're getting frustrated because it's taking so long, it could be that you simply are not ready. What can you be doing to get yourself prepared to seize that opportunity? Waiting is very difficult, but the preparation is both necessary and a constructive use of your time.

When I entered my mid-40's, I began a period of great personal growth. I have learned so much over those past seven years (and I'm still learning.) Sometimes I think how great it would have been to have learned some of this stuff when I was a younger woman. My life would have been a lot more productive, and I certainly would have been a lot happier. Or so I think. But it doesn't work that way. I needed to be prepared. I needed to experience certain things before those lessons could take hold.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment