Friday, April 23, 2010

The Power of Encouragement (by JustJean)

“Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.”
By Karen Ravn

I have a wonderful new friend who encourages me everyday. She is always positive and full of vim and vigor. She tells me that I am beautiful and smart and even funny. Wow, these are all things I have always wanted to be! She does not "pooh pooh" my ideas and dreams. Her encouragement and positive feedback give me courage to continue to move forward. My ideas are no longer stupid, silly, or nonsense. I believe I can truly do something worthwhile. I have never received such positive feedback and encouragement before. I have renewed strength and excitement about what I can do.

What a difference her positive energy and encouragement has made in the very short time I have known her. I think of all those years I wanted to show others that I was not just a silly person, but that I had depth, sincere thoughts, ideas, and dreams that I wanted to pursue, but never received encouragement to go forward with them. My ideas and dreams were always met with smirks and negative responses as though I was unrealistic and hadn't actually thought them through. Because of the responses I received, I questioned myself and did not have the confidence to move forward with any of them. Now, I have been blessed tremendously with a friend who believes I can do it.

Thank you Lord! And, thank you to my dear friend!

Encouragement costs you nothing to give, but the power your encouragement can give someone else is priceless. The three women from California have a dream to share the power of encouragement with those who have dreams and ideas they have not had the courage to pursue. To offer a positive place for others to pursue, or even discover their dreams is our dream.

By JustJean

No comments:

Post a Comment