Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Talking to Yourself

"Never say anything about yourself you do not want to come true." Brian Tracy

Psychologists call it private speech. It's that cute chatter you hear from toddlers when they are playing. Have you ever interrupted it or asked them to repeat it? They will often react with annoyance, as if you are poking your nose into what is none of your business. Excuse me? I was not talking to you.

Do you talk to yourself? Maybe not aloud anymore, but if you're anything like me you chatter to yourself inside your head. Is it kind? Do you speak nicely to yourself, or do you reinforce old negative patterns? Perhaps you repeat something that was said about you or to you long ago. Then you blurt it out. The thought itself is very influential, but the spoken word is even more powerful.

If I am ever going to change my life, it must begin by changing what I think and say about myself.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment