Monday, January 31, 2011

Question and Answer Time

"I beg you to have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a foreign language. Don't search for the answers now, which could not be given you now, because you would not be able to live them, and the point is, to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even knowing it, live your way into the answers." Ranier Maria Rilke

She came home from preschool and asked, "Mommy, where did I come from? The mother was prepared; she had rehearsed this facts of life speech over and over. So she began to carefully explain it all, starting with conception, moving on to pregnancy, the birth and so on. When she was finished, the child said, "Oh. 'Cause Tiffany came from Arizona."

We have the questions, but sometimes we can't hear the answers. Not yet. I have been in many different situations where I don't know, I don't know, I don't know, and then, all of a sudden, I know. The proverbial light bulb goes on over my head and I have total clarity. How much stress we could spare ourselves, if we would trust that when we are ready for the answer, it will come.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment