Monday, January 31, 2011

Full Circle

"Words -- so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary; how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them." Nathaniel Hawthorne

Since I was a child, I have had such respect for words. Words are powerful. I believe I am about to come full circle. Words were used against me when I was just a tiny girl. Verbal abuse was my mother's weapon of choice. I could share with you some of the things I heard over and over and over, but I think for now I will not. Words were used as weapons to wound me, and now I find that words are a part of my healing, and it is my hope that my words can be used to heal others. Then the circle will be complete, and some good will come out of something so bad.

We need to respect words and choose them carefully, because they have the power to make a person or break a person.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment