Saturday, May 19, 2012

Inspiration 101

I'm studying for finals. You may be thinking, uh, actually, you're not cuz you're blogging. OK, you have a point there. Let's just say I'm on a break. Anyway, I am getting inspiration from a Maryland man, Jack Andraka, who has developed a screening tool for early stage pancreatic cancer. The thing that really inspires me about Andraka is that he is only 15. He took first place at the Intel Engineering and Science Fair held in Washington, DC. The runners-up are Ari Dychovsky, 18, who did an analysis of quantum teleportation (I had to Google that) and Nicholas Schiefer, 17, who did a study on microsearch in the computer science category. The Kansas City Star (article not credited to a writer) has more information, just in case you need to be inspired today.

That's all for now. Gotta go study for my final in Astronomy 101.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment