Thursday, February 14, 2013

Miracle

The classic oldies station was on our radio today, and interspersed with commercials for a reverse mortgage and a reputable knee replacement clinic was some great music from back in the day. "This Is It" written by Kenny Loggins and Michael McDonald was playing, and I sang along. I was particularly happy because I had just returned from buying toothpaste and paper towels, both of which were phenomenal (my new word) deals at the local drugstore. I was greeted with admiration and perhaps a touch of envy as fellow shoppers saw the Valentine's Day headband I was wearing. Pink hearts on springs on top of my head, a gift from my dear roommate/friend.

It was a good day. Valentine's Day. My day off. I got up this morning and had some delicious coffee, then promptly went back to bed and slept for almost three hours. I guess I needed the extra sleep if I could do that. This is the story I tell myself any time I sleep during the day.

The weather was beautiful. Sunny and crisp. Bright blue skies with puffy white clouds. I enjoyed being outside. I crave the outdoors, and spend as much time in it as I can. It always makes me feel better.

Later I caught up with some emails, and I answered one from a woman who is on a similar journey to mine. I told her about one of my miracles, and said that maybe she was ready for hers. Life is full of the phenomenal, the miraculous. Life. This is it.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment