Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Big Bear

It's been in the news lately. Big Bear, California and Christopher Dorner. Guns and violence. I make an effort to stay up with current events, but lately I have felt overwhelmed at all the badness and sadness in the world. I was getting ready to write a post on gun control, but feel that at least for today, I will share with you a beautiful photo.

Big Bear is one of the places we in southern California visit when we want to ski or snowboard or just play in the snow. Snow is a novelty here, and I understand that this is February and some of my readers might be thinking that they are tired of living in the snow and dealing with cold and bad weather.

This post is to remind us (mostly to remind me) that although the bad stuff gets all the publicity, this world is still a good place. Full of beauty and wonder. And while there are many things we should be working together to change, it's good just to sometimes empty our minds, be still and quiet and take it all in.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment