Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Abundance

Lately I have been losing weight, which is a good thing. It means that I have been needing new clothes, and from the start I have known that some lovely things would come my way. Thrift stores and consignment shops and clearance sales at stores all have helped me with my wardrobe without costing a lot of money. As I have been going down in sizes, I don't want to invest much in clothes because I won't be wearing them for long.

Last week a coworker asked me how much weight I had lost and what size I currently wear. Then she told me she had a lot of clothes she doesn't need anymore and asked me if I wanted them. "YESSSSS!" The next day she handed me a huge bag of clothes, and I only had a few minutes on my  break to look through the bag.

That night, I got home and dumped out the bag on the living room floor and started to try things on. Thirteen tops, four pairs of pants, two skirts, and two pairs of tights. Red tights! Blue tights! All the clothes are like new; some of them were new with the tags still on. I cried with joy and thankfulness at all that abundance.

The next day I wore the red tights with a skirt that has all sorts of bright colors in it, and a purply red top. She saw me in it and said how great it looked, and I discovered that it was a win/win. I win, because I get a brand new wardrobe, and she wins because she sees me wearing the clothes and enjoying them.

I didn't even know this lady very well, since she works in another area of the store. I hadn't been talking about my weight loss or my need of clothes or my very tight budget, so I think that makes it even more wonderful that she decided to be such an angel in my life.

I had no doubt that I would get new clothes as I needed them. But I never dreamed they would come in such abundance. Or that this latest blessing would be absolutely free. Although I will do something wonderful for her; I am just not sure yet what I will do.

I am so happy! She said she has more clothes. Things she isn't able to part with right now. Like an off-the-shoulder peacock dress. A peacock dress! She says she loves it but has never worn it. "I have no place to wear something like that," she said.

Let me tell you something. If she gives me the peacock dress, this girl will find a place to wear it!

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment