Saturday, July 17, 2010

Post #100

There must be at least 100 ways to tell people you love them. The most obvious is to say it. It needs to be said. I grew up in a family where it was not. It did not come naturally for me to say it, maybe because I was not practiced at it. But I learned and now I am good at saying, "I love you."

You can say it in person, phone it in, snail mail it, email it, text it, IM it, Facebook it, MySpace it, skywrite it, write it on sticky notes and put them EVERYWHERE. But it needs to be said. Three little words. I. LOVE. YOU.

We can't just give it lip service. Talk is cheap, and when we love someone, we naturally back it up with our actions and attitudes in 100 different ways.

But we need to say it. Three little words. Say them today.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment