Monday, June 17, 2013

The Bridge

We were listening to a song, my friend and I, sort of humming along and singing along, and I said, "This is my favorite part." She, who has some musical training, said, "That's the bridge." Then she added that often when we listen to music, I get all excited when the bridge comes. She explained simply that it's the connecting part of a song.

Sometimes I don't even care for a song, but I like just that particular part. The other day, I heard a song I had not heard in many years, "Daisy Jane" by America. I remember when my sons were little and we would take road trips, their dad and I would let them help choose the line up. This was back in the day of the cassette tape, long before ipods and satellite radio.

They liked the America tape we had, and the younger one particularly liked "Daisy Jane." I am going to share it with you, and let you know that my favorite parts begin around :51 and again at 2:08. Game. Gaaaaame. Blame. Blaaaaame.

Singing along in the car is one of the best things to do.

"Daisy Jane" written by Gerry Beckley

No comments:

Post a Comment