Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Personal Shopper

Today I felt that I should stop in the secondhand store that is in the same shopping center as where I work. I really wasn't excited about it at first, but thought who knows what I might find. So I obeyed my intuition, as I am learning to do. I popped in there on my lunch break.

There was a huge swarm of women around the rack of women's slacks. It all looked boring to me, a bunch of black and brown and navy blue slacks. So I was over looking at something else, and this woman yelled out, "If anyone's a 2, here are some nice white ones. Banana Republic." She held them up. I thought she might be talking to friends she was shopping with, but I guess he was just yelling it out for anyone who might be around. But I suppose she was really talking to me.

I went over, and saw that there were so many shoppers at that rack because women's slacks were half off. I took those slacks into the dressing room, and I imagine you are way ahead of me now. They belong to Susan.

A few months ago, a friend had given me a pair of white slacks she didn't want any longer, and that is always a smart kind of look for summer; right? But since I have lost weight, they are too big for me. This pair of slacks that I got today are actually more of an ivory color, which is a better shade on me than white anyway. Very pretty, with nicely designed pockets and buttons and smart cuffs at the hem. Fully lined, and I imagine you get the picture. They are awesome. $6.50! How about that?!

It's like that other shopper was my personal shopper. Wowzers! This intuition thing really works.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment