Thursday, November 4, 2010

Go, You!

"Our chief want is someone who will inspire us to be what we know we could be." Ralph Waldo Emerson

It was my privilege and delight to help my son and daughter-in-law plan their wedding. The most fun? Taste testing wedding cake samples. They asked my former husband and me to help them write their vows. My contribution was my idea that your spouse should be your biggest cheerleader. Encouraging you when you doubt yourself, helping you back up and brushing you off when you fall, challenging you when you become complacent. He or she should help you realize your full potential in life.

My young nephew has a wonderful sense of humor. He likes to say, "Go, Me!" And I have borrowed that phrase from him, along with the other side of the coin. "Go, You!" Do you have at least one person in your life who inspires you? And are you that for others? Who is it today that needs to hear two words from your mouth..."Go, You!"?

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment