Thursday, November 11, 2010

All the Small Things

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." Mother Teresa

I work in a job that to some people might seem menial. It has been a somewhat humbling experience, and I'd be lying to say there aren't times when I wonder how I ever got to this place. But mostly I am thankful to even be employed in this economy, and believe that it is temporary.

How interesting to observe people doing menial tasks. There are those who don't care, who do only the minimum necessary, who perhaps feel the work is beneath them. Then there are those who bring excellence to everything they do, who both believe and practice that anything worth doing is worth doing well. It says a lot about a person's strength of character, to be able to do something small in such a big way.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment