Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Weather Forecast: Sunny

"Birds sing after a storm. Why shouldn't people feel as free to delight in whatever sunlight remains to them?" Rose Kennedy

I was born and raised in a part of the United States that has some gray, dreary weather. I have lived in southern California for half of my life, but the sunshine has remained a novelty to me. Sometimes I walk outside on a beautiful sunny day and still think, "Do I really live here? Is this really my life?"

Those who have been battered by storms will carry scars, they will have painful memories that pop up at unexpected times, they will need love, compassion and perhaps the help of a therapist or doctor. It serves no useful purpose to perpetuate the suffering once the storm has passed. Those who have gone through great pain may understand better than most, the need to squeeze every drop of joy out of life, to bask in every ray of sunshine.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment