Monday, May 10, 2010

We Have Nothing To Fear, But...

"What would you do if you knew you could not fail?" Robert H. Schuller

I have enjoyed some wonderful successes in my life, and some failures. Two of my most notable failures were fairly big ones. I was a little mixed up for a while and felt that because I had failed, I was a failure. There is a difference, and a significant one. It's the difference between what you do and who you are. Some time and some perspective helped me reach the conclusion that although I certainly have failed, I am not a failure. Logic tells us that we will not succeed at everything we do, but failure can be painful. And the fear of failure can be crippling.

What is it you have never attempted because you think (or maybe you are fairly sure) you will fail? Take that fear out of the equation and it seems to me the sky would be the limit.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment