Monday, July 9, 2012

Where a Kid Can Be a Kid

Can I just come out right now and say that I love Chuck E. Cheese? The mouse (or rat?)  and the restaurant. Their pizza is just okay, but the salad bar is awesome, and when the adorable stuffed critters come out on the stage to sing, well this grandma gets up and dances. My granddaughters are too old now for Chuck E., but my grandson is coming up on the age where it will be the perfect venue for his birthday parties.

There is one problem, however, and I would be remiss if I didn't bring it up. There are a lot of fights that break out at Chuck E. Cheese, and I'm not talking about the children. One happened here in southern California where I live not too long ago, and this past weekend there was an altercation in Pennsylvania, coincidentally the state of my birth. It happens so often that Chuck E. Cheese, the corporation, not the rodent, issued a statement about it.

This latest fight took place when a dad was having a birthday party for his son  and his ex-girlfriend stopped by. I don't know if she brought a present for the birthday boy, but she did bring a knife and a brick. The ex-girlfriend attacked Dad's present girlfriend, and another woman (another girlfriend?) intervened and was bitten.

It makes me very proud of my family. We have been attending and hosting birthday parties at Chuck E. Cheese since my now grown-up sons were little boys, and not once has the police ever been summoned. Not one time. Thinking about it makes me feel very classy.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment