Tuesday, July 3, 2012

All the Way

Headed out to grocery shop, I intended to go to one store but at the last minute chose another one. Am I ever glad I did! As I walked in the store, one of the employees was pushing a cart out for two elderly lady customers, and he was singing a capella in the most amazing voice. It was the last several lines of "All the Way." I stopped in my tracks to watch and listen. When he was done, there was nothing and then I yelled "Woo Hoo!" and started clapping. Others joined in.

It was the most wonderful moment of joy that pretty much made my day. The man is very talented, his singing voice absolutely beautiful. Yet it was more than that. It could have been just another trip to the grocery store for us shoppers. It could have been just another day at work for him, yet he turned it into something magical for all of us.

"All the Way" written by Jimmy Van Heusen and Sammy Cahn


No comments:

Post a Comment