Monday, July 2, 2012

Holidays for Heroes

I wrote about the wonderful holiday my younger son and I enjoyed on the Massachusetts island of Nantucket here. In September, through the generosity of some wonderful folks, there will be a celebration of our military heroes on the island.

It's difficult for me to think about the Fourth of July and not remember those brave men and women who have served our country down through the years. One of the positive things that has come out of the horrible 9/11 tragedy is that we as a country seem to have a new and greater appreciation for our active duty military and our veterans. It's not easy transitioning to civilian life when we are whole and healthy, and it's even more of a challenge for those who have been wounded.

Holidays for Heroes is a wonderful way to say thank you, we appreciate you, we love you, we support you as you have supported us. I invite you to visit their website.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment