Friday, June 17, 2011

The Job Interview

"You're an INTJ," she proclaimed, glancing over my paperwork. I smiled and agreed. Now I didn't tell her this, but it was not the first time in my life I had taken the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator test."You're pretty outgoing," she said, her eyes narrowing slightly. Of course I'm outgoing, I thought, I need to be on a job interview. If she knew I was thinking that, she would have been convinced I really am an INTJ. We are a rare breed, I have learned. It is purported that less than 1% of females are INTJ's. Perhaps that is why the interviewer seemed suspicious. It is entirely possible that I was the first female of my species that she had ever encountered. I am in excellent company. My INTJ sisters include Jane Austen, Hillary Clinton and Susan B. Anthony.

What can I say? In the words of Popeye the Sailor Man, I am what I am. Zodiacally speaking, I am a Cancer, but with a July 20 birthday I'm on the cusp, and I have quite a few Leo traits. I am a Lunar Virgo with Sagitarrius rising. My love language is Physical Affection. A Facebook quiz, "Which Star Wars Character Are You?" told me I was Luke Skywalker. Pretty cool.

We human beings are interesting, because you know what? As soon as I think I understand something about myself, something else comes up that throws me for a loop. And the interview? That was a few years ago, and I didn't get the job. INTJ discrimination, if you ask me. But the Myers-Briggs test is fun, and you can take it online.

Susan

P.S. I have recently (November 2012) had two people suggest I am an INFP. Maybe it's time to take that test again.

No comments:

Post a Comment