Monday, June 13, 2011

If the Shoe Fits

A comfortable, low heeled, closed toe shoe is just what I need for my new job. So I dug the one pair that fits this description out of the closet. It had been a while since I had worn them, and they were even uglier than I remembered.

They went in the trash. If an item is in good condition, I usually donate it. The heels were sort of worn down, but more than that, the idea of passing along all that ugliness to someone else made me feel sad. I will shop for a new pair of shoes, comfortable, low heeled, closed toe pretty shoes.

I had purchased the ugly shoes several years ago when I was feeling bad about myself. They were also cheap, because when I bought them I believed I had to pinch every penny.

You've probably heard it said, "If the shoe fits, wear it." Well, my shoe size has not changed since I was in high school (I'm an 8.) But the ugly shoes? They just don't fit me anymore.

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment