Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Lemonade Stand

Today as I was driving along, I spotted some young girls and moms and a lemonade stand. I made a U-turn and drove back to where they were. Lots of smiles, probably because they had a customer, but mostly I think because of Pink. One of the moms said, "We all love your Barbie car!"

I rarely carry cash with me, but today I was really happy to have some dollar bills in my wallet, so I could buy some lemonade. Most customers at the store where I work use debit cards for purchases rather than cash. The world has changed a lot since I was a kid, but it was nice to know that some things haven't, like children making some money by running a lemonade stand on a summer day.

One 6 oz. cup of warm lemonade: 50 cents.
Generous tip: 50 cents.
A pink "Barbie" car pulling up to your lemonade stand: priceless.

Susan


2 comments: