Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Cabinet

George Washington's Cabinet consisted of four men. Secretary of State Thomas Jefferson, Attorney General Edmund Randolph, Secretary of War Henry Knox, and Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton. Today, there are many more Cabinet members, these senior level officials for the Executive Branch of American government.

I have a Cabinet in my life. They are a diverse group, younger and older, male and female, because those different perspectives lend balance. The thing that they all have in common is that I trust them. I share some very private things with them and I know it would never turn into gossip. I respect them because they live their lives with a high level of integrity. I know that they will be honest with me. They are not a bunch of "yes" people and would be willing to tell me some hard truths.

Ultimately how I live my life and the tough decisions that I sometimes need to make are my responsibility alone, but it is not such a lonely road when I consult with my Cabinet.

How about you? Who is in your Cabinet?

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment