Tuesday, January 24, 2012

On Your Way

It didn't take long after I had gotten a new smart phone to disable the "auto correct" feature. I found it more annoying than helpful, having the phone guess at what I wanted to type. There is a funny website devoted to some text messages gone horribly wrong called "Damn You, Auto Correct!"

Meaning to text "are you on your way?" my thumb hit the wrong key and it came out "are you in your way?" This got me thinking about the times in my life I have gotten in my own way.

A great idea would hit me, and I'd talk myself out of it because it just would never work. An opportunity would come my way, and I wouldn't take it because, well that just wasn't me. I'd do a good job at something, but instead of seeing that, I'd look at all the things I had done wrong. Truly in my past I have been my own worst enemy, and it has taken a conscious, concerted effort to learn not to do that. Still learning here.

What about you? Are you on your way? Are you in your way?

Susan

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is so very CLEVER!!! I love it!!!!! HMMMM...good Mantra...for check in..."Are you in your way?" Step aside! And Be "On your way!" THANK YOU!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete