Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Your Greatest Ambition

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." Helen Keller

It is always a delight when a text pops up on my phone from either of my newest texting buddies. Both bright and beautiful fourth graders, they are my grandniece and my granddaughter. When I was a kid, the adults who were a little awkward conversing with children would usually ask, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" The other night my granddaughter texted, "Do you want to know my greatest ambition?" Well, obviously I did, and she told me about a new career idea she had. After a little back and forth on that she asked, "What is your greatest ambition?"

Isn't that a wonderful way to phrase the question? We all must somehow make a living, and it would be ideal to have our greatest ambition be something we loved to do, and the added bonus would be the pay check. Our greatest ambitions could also be hobbies, volunteering, travel, and I imagine the list would just go on and on.

Fourth graders totally understand that life is a grand adventure, that dreams come super-sized, and that even grandmothers have great ambitions.

Susan

1 comment:

  1. You keep out doing your own self! Yay for those Brilliant Grand Daughters!! I am sorry but I have to post this on facebook...what is your greatest ambition??? I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete