Thursday, February 23, 2012

I'd Be a Bulldog

If I was a dog, I'd be a bulldog
One of those really cute French Bulldogs with big bat ears
With a pink rhinestone collar and matching leash
And my name would be Monique or Justine or Yvette.

A bulldog, because I am tenacious
Because I hate to give up and I hate to let go
And I hate it when nothing I do can change a thing
And then I have to say good-bye when it isn't even time.

It makes me want to bark and yip and chase my tail
But I won't bite because (just like a real Frenchie)
I am sweet and not mean at all.
Biting doesn't solve a thing and if I become mean,
Well that means all the mean people win
And we can't let that happen now, can we?

I hate to give up and I hate to let go
And I hate it when nothing I do can change a thing
And then I have to say good-bye when it isn't even time

I want to hang on and I want to hang on some more
But I see that you have already let go, I see
That you are already gone.

Susan

1 comment:

  1. Oh Soozie. Is this about who I think this is about? This is so so so so beautiful. Oh my gosh...those last few lines....You sound just like the most beautiful,kindest, yet Diva, doggie would sound that has the biggest heart in the world. "I want to hang on, but I see that you have already let go, I see that you are already gone."I think....THIS...is the thing to SEND!!!!!! SOOOOOOO Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete